Nuvashield™ calcium alginate dressings are indicated for the management of minor conditions such as lacerations, abrasions, skin tears and minor burns.
Under the care of a healthcare professional, Nuvashield™ is indicated for the management of full and partial thickness wounds including leg ulcers, pressure ulcer, diabetic foot ulcers and surgical wounds.
When exudate comes into contact with Nuvashield™, it forms a
hydrophilic gel that remains in intimate contact with the wound surface, helping to create and maintain a moist wound environment. Faster, cleaner dressing changes result in less nursing time because once gelled the dressing stays stronger, longer.
- Absorbs exudate from wound and creates a protective cushioning gel and optimal moist healing environment.
- Protective gel binds exudate and helps prevent skin maceration.
- Can be used on infected wounds.
- Absorbs up to 17 times its own weight in fluid
- Unique composition and weaving pattern help provide a simplified one piece removal.
- Pressure Ulcers (III,IV)
- Leg Ulcers
- Diabetic Wounds
- Donor Sites
- Moderate to Heavy Draining
- Partial and Full Thickness Wounds
Wound care is a complex and evolving discipline. CPN is committed to accelerating the science and technology of wound healing by developing innovative products and education programs. We are focused on assisting healthcare professionals and improving each patient’s individual journey of healing. Our commitment is to bring innovative solutions to the complex problems associated with wound care.
CPN prides itself in offering the most advanced, easy-to-use and superior line of wound dressings that cover all phases and stages of wound care. CPN’s line of Wound Care products represent years of quality and innovation, trusted by countless health care providers.
Wound care specialists know that wounds must be kept clean, covered, and moist in order to heal. To assist modern caregivers in the superior management of acute, chronic, or burn wounds, CPN offers a line of products that are uniquely constructed using the latest technology.
Nuvashield™ calcium alginate dressings absorb moisture from your wound creating the perfect healing environment. Nuvashield™ dressings form a soft gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate. Nuvashield™ helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management.
2” x 2” (5 cm x 5 cm)
4.25” x 4.25” (10.8 cm x 10.8 cm)
12/box – 10 boxes/case
12/box – 12 boxes/case
- Remove prior dressings entirely.
- Rinse the wound. Normal saline or cleansing agent is preferred, but luke-warm water may be used in its place.
- Pat the wound with a clean towel to remove excess fluids/water.
- Apply the Nuvashield™ dressing by rolling from one end to the other to reduce trapped air and maximize contact.
- Cover the dressing with two pieces of the supplied sterile gauze.
- Wrap one roll of gauze bandage around the wound and dressings.
- Secure dressing, gauze, and bandage in place with medical tape.
- Repeat the process each subsequent day until wound supplies are exhausted or the doctor tells you that you can stop. Please note if the bandage should get wet, remove the dressing and reapply new dressing.