Nuvashield AG™ silver calcium alginate dressings are a primary wound dressing made of calcium alginate containing silver. In the presence of wound exudate, the sodium ions from the exudate take the place of the silver ions, releasing the silver ions.
As wound exudate is absorbed, the alginate forms a gel, which assists in maintaining a moist environment for optimal wound healing, and allows intact removal. The silver ions released in the presence of wound fluid protect the dressing from bacterial colonization, and provides an effective barrier to bacterial penetration. Nuvashield AG™ dressing provides an antimicrobial effect lasting up to three days. Does not contain natural rubber latex.
- A sterile, woven calcium alginate dressing of heavier denier fiber
- Thick and effective, changing to a fibrous gel when in contact with wound exudate
- Bio-compatible, absorptive dressing
- Absorbs 12 times its own weight in fluid
- Silver ions for superior antimicrobial barrier
- Pressure Ulcers
- Leg Ulcers
- Diabetic Wounds
- Donor Sites
- Moderate to Heavy Draining
- Partial and Full Thickness Wounds
Wound care is a complex and evolving discipline. CPN is committed to accelerating the science and technology of wound healing by developing innovative products and education programs. We are focused on assisting healthcare professionals and improving each patient’s individual journey of healing. Our commitment is to bring innovative solutions to the complex problems associated with wound care.
CPN prides itself in offering the most advanced, easy-to-use and superior line of wound dressings that cover all phases and stages of wound care. CPN’s line of Wound Care products represent years of quality and innovation, trusted by countless health care providers.
Wound care specialists know that wounds must be kept clean, covered, and moist in order to heal. To assist modern caregivers in the superior management of acute, chronic, or burn wounds, CPN offers a line of products that are uniquely constructed using the latest technology.
Nuvashield AG™ silver calcium alginate dressings absorb moisture from your wound creating the perfect healing environment. The addition of Silver helps provide an effective antimicrobial barrier against bacteria associated with wound infections. Nuvashield AG™ with Silver dressings form a soft gel that absorbs when it comes into contact with wound exudate. Nuvashield AG™ helps utilize the proven benefits of moist wound management. The addition of silver provides exceptional infection control beyond other types of dressings.
2” x 2” (5 cm x 5 cm)
4” x 5” (10 cm x 12.5 cm)
10/box – 10 boxes/case
10/box – 10 boxes/case
- Remove prior dressings entirely.
- Rinse the wound. Normal saline or cleansing agent is preferred, but luke-warm water may be used in its place.
- Pat the wound with a clean towel to remove excess fluids/water.
- Apply Nuvashield AG™ dressing by rolling from one end to the other to reduce trapped air and maximize contact.
- Cover the dressing with two pieces of the supplied sterile gauze.
- Wrap one roll of gauze bandage around the wound and dressings.
- Secure dressing, gauze, and bandage in place with medical tape.
- Repeat the process each subsequent day until wound supplies are exhausted or the doctor tells you that you can stop. Please note if the bandage should get wet, remove the dressing and reapply new dressing.